ISO 37001 Lead Auditor
Anti-Bribery - Training Courses & Certification
Training Day: 5
CPD Certification (Credits): 31
Exam Duration : 3 hours
Retake Exam: Yes
Day 1: Introduction to the anti-bribery management system (ABMS) and ISO 37001
Day 2: Audit principles and the preparation for and initiation of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing of the audit
Day 5: Certification exam
Why should you attend?
The PECB Certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditor training course provides the necessary knowledge and skills that enable you to perform anti-bribery management system (ABMS) audits by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques.
Many organizations seek competent auditors to determine whether the policies and anti-bribery controls, implemented as part of an ISO 37001-based ABMS, are effective. This training course aims to help you complete these tasks successfully and intends to reflect the importance of effective ABMS audits. Additionally, it aims to strengthen your knowledge and skills to plan and carry out ABMS audits in compliance with the guidelines for auditing management systems provided in ISO 19011 and the certification process described in ISO/IEC 17021-1.
The exercises, quizzes, and case studies provided are designed to help you practice the most important aspects of an ABMS audit: ISO 37001 requirements, auditing principles, tools and techniques used to obtain evidence, leading a team of auditors, conducting interviews with auditee, reviewing documented information, drafting nonconformity reports, and preparing the final audit report.
The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditor” credential. An IAS accredited and internationally recognized “PECB ISO 37001 Lead Auditor” certificate validates your professional capabilities and demonstrates your ability to audit an ABMS based on ISO 37001.
Who should attend?
The ISO 37001 Lead Auditor training course is intended for:
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead ABMS audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master the ABMS audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to ISO 37001 requirements in an organization
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an ABMS audit
- Expert advisors in anti-bribery management
This training course enables you to:
- Understand the main concepts of an ABMS and its processes based on ISO 37001
- Understand the auditor’s role in planning, leading, and following up on an ABMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 37001 in the context of an ABMS audit
- Plan an audit, lead a team of auditors, draft nonconformity reports, and follow up on an audit
- Act with due professional care during an audit
This training course is participant centered and contains:
- Theories, approaches, and best practices used in anti-bribery management system auditing
- Lecture sessions, which are illustrated with case studies inspired by real events and practical exercises based on a case study that includes role-playing and discussions
- Interaction between participants by means of questions and suggestions
The main requirements for participating in this training course are a fundamental understanding of ISO 37001 requirements for an ABMS and a comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
The PECB Certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditor exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an anti-bribery management system
Domain 2: Anti-bribery management system requirements
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparing an ISO 37001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 37001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 37001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 37001 audit program
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown in the table below. You will receive a certificate once you fulfill all the requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about the ISO 37001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The PECB ISO 37001 Auditor certification scheme has the following requirements:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||ABMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 37001 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 37001 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Anti-bribery Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Anti-bribery Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 37001 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Anti-bribery Management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
Note: PECB certified individuals who possess both the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master Credential, given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams related to this scheme. For more information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements, please go to PECB Master Credentials.
To be considered valid, the audit activities should follow best audit practices and include the following:
- Planning an audit
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting nonconformity reports
- Drafting audit work documents
- Reviewing documented information
- Conducting on-site audit
- Following up on nonconformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Training material of over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be provided.
- An attendance record worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, candidates can retake the exam once for free within 12 months following the initial exam date.
PECB (legal name “PECB Group Inc.”) is a certification body which provides education and certification under ISO/IEC 17024 for individuals on a wide range of disciplines. PECB helps professionals and organizations show commitment and competence by providing them with valuable education, evaluation and certiﬁcation against rigorous internationally recognized standards. PECB's mission is to provide their clients with comprehensive services that inspire trust, continual improvement, demonstrate recognition, and benefit the society as a whole.
Join our newsletter
Get weekly updates on courses, news and more right in your mailbox.