However, the benefits that e-learning and digital media provide are not just limited to the obvious convenience that they offer. Comfort is undoubtedly an integral part of e-learning, but most importantly, it provides many benefits to both learners and organizations.
What is E-Learning and Digital Media?
Before delving more in-depth on the topic, it is essential to first define e-learning or eLearning as else called. As someone would imagine, the prefix in front of learning comes from the word electronic, and therefore it refers to electronic learning. Electronic learning is based on traditional formalized learning, but with the exception that it involves digital media use.
Moreover, digital media qualifies all the information in texts, audio, video, and graphics that we see through an electronic device screen. This type of learning makes it easier for learners to educate themselves at their own pace and from anywhere. Finally, on top of an electronic device, e-learning also requires an internet connection to download the learning material or watch a live lesson.
The Benefits of E-Learning and Digital Media
The use of digital media in learning has immensely
transformed and expanded the capabilities of the traditional classroom. For
example, without e-learning, 2020 would be a "lost year" for many
students worldwide as going to school was considered too dangerous.
However, e-learning offers more than just a convenient and safe way to learn during a pandemic:
- Tailored learning. The digital revolution gave learns the power to learn based on their needs. For example, someone may have time to watch an educational course only on weekends or 7pm every evening.
- Easy access to updated content. E-learners can have access to learning material from anywhere and whenever they want to. This content being online most likely will be updated to the latest available information.
- Better, faster, and easier learning. The use of digital media has been found to improve learners' ability to grasp new and challenging learning concepts. Besides, the replayability of content at the student's learning pace without the need to travel to a classroom enhances learning and saves time.
- Reduced costs. E-learning requires fewer resources to happen in terms of training, travel, material, and accommodation. This makes an electronic class more affordable for individual learners, but it also helps organizations’ profitability when training their employees.
- Sustainability. Digital learning is an eco-friendly way of learning as it is paperless and requires fewer resources in terms of power and therefore generates less CO2 emissions.
E-Learning and Digital Media Through iED Academy Platform
First, businesses can create their own branded educational courses for marketing purposes to increase their authority and brand awareness. Secondly, individual learners can enroll on a variety of courses based on their interests, start learning and receive certificates to demonstrate their success. Finally, companies can utilize the iED Academy platform to create training courses during their employee training.
Make sure to join iED Academy today and get 50% off for “Finding your way in EU Funding” course.